Operations manager HR
As one of the Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, this company helps over 5 million users discover new treasures every month. This means they are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent! The company started in 2001 in the Netherlands and has since grown to over 750 employees, working across 9 international offices, while maintaining their start-up mentality every step of the way.
As the Operations manager HR you will be responsible for leading all operational areas within the HR department, this includes payroll, benefits, rewards & compensation (across all countries that the company operates in), the systems, data and related projects and goals.
As part of the broader Management Team, you will report to the Chief Officer HR and will work alongside the leads within our Sales and Communication department and Talent teams and the broader Management Team. You will manage the Operations Team and partner with the Chief Officer HR .
As the lead for the HR department, you will deeply understand how the company operates, the business, the strategy and the (people) dynamics. You will use this insight and knowledge to partner with the wider People Team and business leaders to build and drive a robust HR department and function that enables the business and the people to achieve ambitious goals. You are able to build credible and respectful relationships with employees of all levels.
You will input into the overall People agenda and strategy. In addition to partnering with the HR department and business leaders, this role partners closely with the Finance, Reporting and Legal Functions.
What you’ll do
- Define and drive the strategic roadmap for the HR department functions;
- Identify and implement efficiencies, automation and digitalization across all People Operations processes and ways of working;
- Define, roll out and secure rewards strategies across all entities;
- Structural benchmarking of roles and salaries;
- Ensure full compliance with employee legislation across all entities;
- Ensure overall compliance regarding payroll / tax / audits;
- Act as a strategic planning partner to the HR Manager and Recruitment Manager;
- Optimize employee processes across the People Team and create a best-in-class employee experience;
- Coach, advise and share knowledge with the wider People Operations Team on appropriate areas across entities;
- Manage the employee stock ownership plan.
What you’ll bring
- 10+ years of relevant experience within an international and fast-growing organization;
- Experience of working with and implementing benefits inside and outside of the Netherlands;
- Experience mapping out and implementing HR vision and strategy;
- Demonstrable experience optimising and automating people operations processes;
- Experience with Workday;
- Knowledge and experience of working with a Works Council;
- Experience working with a remote workforce;
- A love for data, numbers and strong analytical skills;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Excellent listening and communication skills;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills;
- Proactive and solution-focused mentality, willingness to go the extra mile;
- Fluent in English to a professional business level.
Here’s what is offered to you
- Working with a top-notch team acting on a champion’s league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and?international team?with over 50 different nationalities;
- A great office?located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere;
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take?initiative and experiment?with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the company;
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth;
- Stock Options: all the employees are granted 250 Stock Options after 12 months of service.